Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Auto Show Flowers

I went back to an image that I worked on previously (in the Auto Shanghai 2007 pt.2 post).

I adjusted the levels in Photoshop to give the image more of a 'pop' to it. The result is the image below, followed by the previous image from the earlier posting:





I need to remember to try to bring out the details by enriching the shadows and highlights (or at least give the appearance of it being more detailed) - to give more contrast for the eyes to focus on.

Which one do you think has more 'snap' to the images?

Update: Decided to try with the other images from the auto show.

Levels adjusted:



Original:



Levels adjusted:



Original:

2 Comments:

At 4:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Frank!! That's some great photography you've got there, I didn't realize you were such a photo nut! Me too, actually. I should email you some of mine. I unfortunately do not have photoshop yet, but I am using Microsoft Picture It program an older version, and it can do some neat things too. What version of photoshop would you recommend for a limited budget? Happy snapping. And have a great day. Sorry I haven't been in touch sooner. SRW

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger R.Q. Chen said...

Hi Steph,

Thank you kindly for the compliment. I look forward to viewing some of the photos that you've taken - Northern Ontario should provide for some nice photo opps.

One photo opp I'd like to do is some nice autumn foliage (with a small stream or river).

You may want to take a look into Adobe's Photoshop Elements. It's basically a stripped down version of Photoshop with a reduced price tag, however, you can still do some pretty nifty things with it (as you would with the regular Photoshop).

You have a great day yourself and happy snapping too!

Thanks for giving your comments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home