Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Tiger in the Midst



At the Shanghai Zoo last year I was able to use my, at the time, new zoom lens to take some close-up photos of the tigers (and other animals). Luckily I had my big zoom lens with me, as it would have been difficult to get such a close range shot of the tiger without actually being so close.

For this image I did the following steps in Photoshop:
- sharpened the image
- applied a levels layer
- applied a curves layer to add contrast
- applied another curves layer to lighten overall image
- transformed with an artistic filter (palette knife)
- and placed a spattered paint look frame over top

For those wanting to use it for their computer desktop wallpaper, I've included a PNG version with the border/frame being transparent:

PNG version,
GIF version

Update: added GIF version

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home