Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Butterfly in the Sky



"Butterfly in the sky, I can go twice as high"...

Those are the lyrics that start off the theme song for the TV show Reading Rainbow. I used to watch that show as a kid. It's a really good show - it opens your mind and eyes to our world by exploring many different and fascinating things.

If it's still on TV and you have children; I'd highly recommend allowing them to watch this.

As for the image, it was taken at a children's activity centre close to where I live. Gengling and I were heading back home from going out taking a look at photographic equipment with her friend Samantha when we passed by the centre; we noticed the doors were opened and saw people inside so we decided to go in and take a look for ourselves. There were people with their kids doing origami, there were other parents watching on while their children were taking dancing lessons... we also saw a big room with kids rollerblading. Lots of activity going on in that place!

I added in the sun to this image using the lens flare filter from Photoshop (and of course I also played around with the saturation of the image).

Lastly, this is actually cropped from a larger photo - maybe I'll post the original photo later.

UPDATE: Here is the original photo the above image is based off of:

4 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger MommaBoo said...

I LOVED Reading Rainbow as a kid. I'd rush home from school to watch it. Opening children's eyes to reading is such a wonderful gift.

I want to go to this activity center. We have nothing like that here in NeverNever Land.

Your photo is amazing. Focusing on the blue of that single "flutterby" is gorgeous!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful picture!

Happy Thursday!

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger R.Q. Chen said...

Thank you kindly for the compliment.

I agree with you: opening children's eyes to reading is indeed such a wonderful gift.

Through books my mind explored what was exciting, fascinating, interesting, mysterious, and all else that is possible "out there".

Hmmm... I think I should blog about the books I read as a kid - I'll leave it for a future entry, but a series of books that I enjoyed was "Alfred Hitchcock and the Three Investigators"

 
At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do like the single blue one but the original is just as beautiful if not more so. What kind of photo equipment are you using? I am still learning my new camera, and I think I will be for a long time. I am the proud owner of a D200 and I am really having fun with it. Fits all my old lenses, which is nice. There must be all sorts of equipment to look at over there. What do you like to use?

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger R.Q. Chen said...

Wow a Nikon D200?! That's some expensive gear you've got there Steph - you can buy the regular Photoshop with that price tag.

I'm still very new to photography and my camera (Canon's Digital Rebel XT - aka EOS D350) also.

There's equipment available here too, but it's pricey... all the gear that I have with me was bought in Toronto (except for the lens hood which I got in Irvine while I was there).

What equipment do you have?

I think I'll do a separate blog post on the equipment that I have and use.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home