Thursday, May 17, 2007

Taking Another Look At Old Photos

If you have some photos that you have previously taken, you can take another look at them and present them in a new way.

For example, some of you may recognize the image below as the giraffe that I used in my Beyond the Edge posting. It's not the exact same photo but from a series of photos that was taken of the giraffe at the Toronto Zoo.

What I've done here is to present this as a sort of watercolour painting. The original photo itself seemed interesting with the giraffe but I felt it was missing something; presenting it as a watercolour seems to fill that missing gap.



So, photos that don't seem as appealing suddenly spring to life.

I will revisit this post and update it with the technique that I used to create it.

2 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

feel like good envionment but feel lonely ...um..how i can call this pic? do u have name for this pic
;0 Nuch

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger R.Q. Chen said...

I might say the giraffe looks to be alone, but not necessarily lonely... I didn't really have in mind a name for this image, but the previous image I posted (also with the giraffe) was called "Beyond the Edge"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home